Saturday, January 5, 2008

What the heck is 'Friss Zene'?!

Happy 2008!

It's a new year and it's a new blog! Just this past week, I had the daunting task of transfering all of the past 28 weeks worth of the Earworm Top 40 charts from my the Myspace blog to its new home on blogger.

Now you may be wondering: What the heck is 'Friss Zene'? No, I haven't gone Hungarian (I am very much an English-speaking Fil-Am). I studied abroad in Hungary and picked up a few bits of the language during my stay there.

Friss (pronounced "freesh") = fresh and zene (pronounced "zaynuh", I think) = music.

It seemed like a fitting title since my goal of this blog is to feature the top new music I've discovered and am listening to.

Another thing I hope to implement on this blog is to write more and add more content (vids, dls, lyrics) relating to fresh new music or artists you should be listening to! Although my choices are leaning toward the mainstream, I'd be happy to hear what indie artists and bands you are digging too!

So keep coming back and treat yourself to some friss zene!

Currently listening to: "Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore

No comments: