Saturday, February 14, 2009

V'Day Playlist

It is Singles Awareness Day Valentine's Day February 14 V'Day -- the day loving becomes official. In that spirit of love, not that I can say I've ever been in love, I can certainly appreciate the words of others who have. Here is a list of twelve of my favorite L-O-V-E songs of the bands and artists who have done their job of tugging at the heartstrings...

David Cook - Avalanche: "I feel alive beside you, and all at once I am whole again"

Sum 41 - With Me: "In front of your eyes, it falls from the skies. When you don't know what you're looking to find"

Lifehouse - Everything: "How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you? Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?"

Dashboard Confessional - Hands Down: "Just lay entwined here, undiscovered. Safe in here from all the stupid questions, 'Hey did you get some?' Man, that is so dumb. Stay quiet, stay near, stay close they can't hear...so we can get some"

We The Kings - Secret Valentine: "When guilt fills your head, brush off, rise up from the dead. This is the moment that we will come alive. Brace yourself for love, sweet love, secret love"

No Doubt - Underneath It All: "So many moons that we have seen stumbling back next to me, I've seen right through and underneath and you make me better"

James Morrison - You Give Me Something: "Cause you give me something that makes me scared, alright, this could be nothing but I'm willing to give it a try. Please give me something 'cause someday I might know my heart"

Motion City Soundtrack - Antonia: "She's the pizza of my eye, without her near me I would not survive"

New Found Glory - Hold My Hand: "The way your words keep me in line, I know what I'm here for, waking up to the green of your eyes, it's something I'll get used to"

Snow Patrol - You're All I Have: "You're cinematic razor sharp, a welcome arrow through the heart. Under your skin feels like home, electric shocks on aching bones"

Aqualung - Brighter Than Sunshine: "Tied up in ancient history, I didnt believe in destiny, I look up you're standing next to me, what a feeling."

Ray LaMontagne - Hold You In My Arms: "When you kissed my lips with my mouth so full of questions, my worried mind that you quiet. Place your hands on my face, close my eyes and say that love is a poor man's food. Don't prophesize"

No comments: