Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fresh Song: Plain White T's - Natural Disaster

Releasing their hit "Hey There Delilah" last summer, The Plain White T's are currently finishing up their upcoming album currently titled Big Bad World, the anxiously awaited follow-up to 2006's Every Second Counts. The first single is a song titled "Natural Disaster". The first few seconds remind me of old-school TSL (The Starting Line) and didn't know what to make of the rest of it after my first listen. I had to play the song three more times to get the chorus into my head. Bottom line is that unlike their past singles ("Our Time Now" and "Hate...") this song lacks a really strong catchy hook. Perhaps it'll take me another ten listens to finally get it. Listen here. What do you think of the song? Comments are appreciated!

No comments: