Thursday, August 14, 2008

311 and Augustana on Maui tomorrow!

Okay, so I am giving away my location in the middle of the ocean by blogging about this, but I am extremely psyched into attending a live show tomorrow. This will be my first show since A Cursive Memory in mid April and first one back at home. This time, alternative ska/jam band 311 will be headlining at the Lahaina Civic Center this Friday. I remember loving a few of their songs from their album From Chaos in high school. However, it is the special opening guest Augustana that I am actually looking forward to the most.

I loved their debut album All The Stars And Boulevards and am really getting into their more introspective sophomore disc Can't Love, Can't Hurt. I saw the band perform live in 06 for Snow Patrol and remember them sounding absolutely phenomenal, especially on their hit "Boston". Now I can't wait to see them perform "Sweet And Low" and lead singer Dan Layus, now that he got all that hair out of his face. ;)

Check back later for my live rewind.

No comments: