Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cover Art Love: The Real You

Although, I don't like judging the content of a book or album by its cover art, I admit that it certainly does help in confirming the awesomeness that is contained within. Case-in-point: The Real You's Better Now Than Never EP. The vibrant green and blue aesthetic of a boy conductor who is orchestrating around the beautiful urban world surrounding him complements the music by the Pacific Northwest-based unsigned band. I loved it so much that I used it as my background paper for my desktop.

I first heard of them from my friend (a.k.a. my musical counterpart) Maricel who witnessed the band open for Lifehouse back last spring at Pipeline. I never really gave them a second thought until I came across their album art and started giving them a listen. I am such a fan of piano-based rock, so I knew I'd enjoy their music from the moment I listened to their melodies. So if you enjoy Keane and Jack's Mannequin, give them a listen, including their song "Unwound"! They will be coming out with a full length debut record very soon.

The Real You's MySpace Page

No comments: