Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Live Rewind: Aqualung - Great American Music Hall, 09.20.05

In anticipation for two concerts I am attending next week, I will be counting down the days with a blog entry each day dedicated to a concert experience I've had in SF.

My first concert in the city was Aqualung a.k.a. Matt Hales, the British wonderkund who came to play a show at the Great American Music Hall in SF way back on Tuesday, September 20, 2005. The opening act was indie singer-songwriter Tracy Bonham. I shared the experience with my pals David, Lara, and Simmy. We originally got dinner seats but realized post-dinner that they sucked offered a poor view, so after eating our overpriced ravioli and salad, Simmy and I scurried down to the floor to get a closer view, where we bumped into two other friendly faces, Cat and Melissa! Matt delivered heartfelt, emotional performances. The highlight was certainly Matt singing "Brighter Than Sunshine". GAMH was a perfect sized venue for Matt since it wasn't large enough to lose any sense of intimacy.


Clockwise (l-r): Matt, Matt y yo, David, the gang meets Mr. Aqualung backstage, Matt!

No comments: