Sunday, February 10, 2008

Live Rewind: Snow Patrol & Augustana at The Warfield, 9.24.06

Snow Patrol and opening band Augustana played at The Warfield in San Francisco on September 24, 2006 in support of their fantastic albums Eyes Open and All The Stars And Boulevards, respectively. The tickets for the show sold out very quickly. No surprise for such a popular band, but I was able to purchase tickets through eBay. I recall this being the most pricey concert I had to pay for (around $60). But thank god, it was worth every buck! I attended the concert with my former RA co-worker Matt, who is a huge Snow Patrol fan. We got to The Warfield relatively early so when it was time to go to the floor, we had prime spots.

Augustana was super. The above photo was taken during their performance of "Boston".




It was quite difficult to get a clear face shot of lead singer Dan Layus because of his messy hair covered much of his face and the lighting didn't help. I got a not too bad shot of the guitarist Chris Sachtleben.



Snow patrol was amazing, from the get-go. With Gary Lightbody at the helm, the (Northern) Irish and Scottish band rocked out supremely during their set of songs, including "Chasing cars", "Chocolate", and You're all i have.

I loved it all! To quote Cat: "Gary Lightbody is a stone fox!"


Video clip - "Chasing Cars"

No comments: